The Rome release adds new functionality to the digital workflows. It helps the customers to create really great employee experiences. New AIops enhancements are there to resolve the problems quickly and increase productivity.
It has the tendency to solve the customer problems earlier. The presence of a Mobile App builder allows the developers of different skills level to create the apps and more engaging experiences for the customers.
App Engine Studio
- Major enhancements are made for all the developers. It allows the developers to create great experiences. They can even collaborate to get better output by giving the right level of access to developers.
- By giving proper collaboration descriptors such as Owner and Editor, we can assign required permissions to them.
- AES and UI builder support allows admins to give controllable permissions to the developers.
- There are more possibilities of giving permissions like Application manager, programing tools, Deployment, File type access, Security / Entitlement. These can be added for individuals or groups.
- Developers can work together and collaborate accordingly, they can invite others but it requires the permission of the administrator.
- Only assigned, specific users can work on that application.
Error handling in Flow Designer
- Flow Designer contains the “ERROR HANDLER” switch which helps to create actions if an error occurs.
- If the main part is not executing, we can write the logic in Error Handler sending a notification to HR about the logs.
- There is one more way of handling errors that is under the action flow, we have Error Evolution, which takes the condition of error and gives the output.
- Another low-code feature from Rome is the REST API trigger for IntegrationHub can help to simplify inbound integrations in a low-code capacity using FlowDesigner.
- Automate import tasks from a new design environment that consolidates several legacy forms into a single modern interface.
- Support for duplicate query parameters.
- Support TLS 1.2 for outbound integrations where all data in transit is encrypted using cryptographic standards that comply with FIPS.
IT Asset Management
Till previous versions we only have Software asset management and Hardware asset management, now in Rome we also have Cloud asset management.
Why Cloud asset management?
- This allows the users to analyze the full range of costs associated with our cloud assets.
- We can stop and start the assets by scheduling.
- Identify the assets which are not having any ownership and eliminate them.
- Eliminate the uncertainty associated with owner-less assets. for a specific model or software to understand the no. of license owned with a detailed explanation.
Field Service Management
- FSM will manage work tasks performed on location. We can match the tasks based on skills and available inventory.
- It allows agents to record details like travel time, spent time, and completion of a task.
- In Rome, Crew members can work together on the assigned task for a set of hours, days, weeks, or months.
- Crew leaders can record the entire crew’s work contributions.
- By this technician can minimize his travel time, reduced the administrator burdens.
- Presence of Mobile Timesheets that can Manage timesheets on the go. Allow technicians to record and submit time entries from a mobile app.
IT Service Management
ITSM improves productivity, resolves issues quickly, and full fill the user requirements. In Rome, we have lots of updates on the ITSM module. Here are some of them mentioned below:
- Change management: Change management is being able to schedule changes through the REST API, which helps to lower the risk.
- Vendor Manager Workspace Changes: We can monitor service agreements breaches, If any of the incidents or service availability is outage then we can analyze the effect of multiple breaches by the same vendor.
- Digital Portfolio Management: Giving service, application, and product owners a unified workspace to collectively manage them throughout life cycles.
IT Business Management
- Managing our team anytime, anywhere using a mobile device. This is available to both android and IOS.
- The ServiceNow mobile timesheet app is allowing users to create, edit, view, enter notes and submit timecards/timesheets from their mobile devices.
- Managers/Users are able to approve, reject, view, and recall a timecard/timesheet from their mobile. Log hours on the time card, update hours for the week for a specific time card.
- Improvement in employee experience by allowing them to submit their new ideas.
HR Service Delivery
- Employee journey management: HRSD module mainly focused on an easy way to get HR services.
- Giving access to any time, anywhere to HR services to increase the employee’s satisfaction.
- There are many ways to find answers, make requests, and provide help to the employees through the mobile app and Employee Center.
- Employee Center has also added the ability to delegate assigned tasks to another agent using granular delegation.
- If a user is out of the office, that user can delegate responsibility to other employees.
UI Builder / Now Experience:
Viewport components in UI Builder
- The viewport allows you to create tabs with different content and manage those using UI builder’s “Manage content” mode without interfering with the parent page.
- The tabs can have their audience, making it easy to create page variants without worrying about the OOTB pages and upgrade processes.
Condition Builder in UI Builder
- Bind conditions to static or dynamic values like data resources, page properties, client state parameters, etc.
- Replace hardcoded conditions with dynamic.
- Delegated Developer support for UI Builder and AES.
- Transform user engagement and simplify developer experiences with features such as asynchronous chat, Virtual Agent Designer, and conversational analytics.
- Increased agent productivity and improved customer experience with Conversation Autopilot, which enables agents to temporarily transfer control of a live chat to the Virtual Agent.
Tips For Rome
- Able to schedule a plugin installation.
- Disable the ability to create Home pages by making sys_property(com.glideapp.home.deprecate_homepages) value as true.
- On the reports if we are blocked by ACL, we are able to request from there itself(Request Access button), the request will directly go to the administrator.
- Able to see the plugin summary by calendar available in the find in store button.
- Automation discovery: Identify opportunities for automating ServiceNow applications, such as Virtual Agent and Agent assist. End the struggle with how and when to turn on automation solutions from ServiceNow and increase deflection while lowering MTTR.
- Platform security enhancements: Increase the protection of data with multi-factor authentication and data export metrics for visibility on unauthorized table exports.
- Platform encryption enhancements, NLU Workbench enhancements, AI Search enhancements, and in Rome.
- Inbound email actions: Change to the incoming email processing to look at cmn_notif_device for alternative persons. which means one person can have multiple emails. So, it will directly go to that table and return the user.
- Reactive scan: It can run on specific failures, suppose whenever we are doing up-gradation or update set if that fails then we will test with Reactive scan which will give us cause.
“The Rome release empowers the digital workflows, create delightful customer experiences, deliver AI-based services, and increases the productivity”